Monday, January 17, 2011

Pot Roast & Noodles

I got this recipe out of Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House Cookbook. Brian took me there a few years ago, inspired (I believe) by the name. Bobo was a term of endearment in my family growing up. :) Anyway, you should check out her story and her cookbook, it has wonderful recipes in it! This was very yummy and my 8-year-old scarfed it up. (The other kids ate it while I was with my daughter at her piano lesson so I haven't checked yet to see how the did.)

1 4-to 5 pound pot roast
1 16 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 16 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 envelopes onion soup mix
Hot cooked noodles

I put the roast in my crockpot, combined the cranberry sauce, tomato sauce, water, and soup mix and poured it over the roast. I then let it cook all day in the crockpot. The recipe itself says to cook the roast in a dutch over, searing it in hot oil and baking at 350 for 2 1/2 hours.

I served the roast/sauce over the large egg noodles. YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that sounds really yummy! I'll have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete